Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Channeling a Writer- Day 1

I have been pretty clear from the beginning of where I wanted Life at Gray Gables to be.  I want this BLOG to be an overview of my Life, my heart, my soul, my likes...dislikes, my children, my Hubby and the fun that we have had and will continue to have at good Old Gray Gables Farms.  




We made a HUGE move out here- kind of country, still within the city- but with land, mud,
dirt, nature and I can not forget W I N D.  Since living on this land I feel that I have really had an incredible chance to get to know myself, reflect and as I work, I am trying to find the better in all. 

With all this serenity, I have found my voice.  Something inside of me that has been trying to escape for a while now.  I read and become so inspired by the words on the paper pages that I want to burst inside with my own story.  The problem that I find myself facing is that lovely little clock (or perhaps BIG) that hangs on the wall, eating away at the seconds...minutes...hours until I am left with a warm bed and a sleepy grin.  



So, naturally, I am challenging myself.  I am giving myself a word, one word a day for the next 30 days and I am forcing myself to write....write...write what that words triggers in my brain, through my fingers and what lands on the white space that is before me.  Bare with me.  This might be brutal

The flip side is that I, in turn, challenge my readers, my followers, my friends...to give this a try yourselves.  Leave comments..Leave links to your blogs (as I would love to follow as well!)  and try your hardest over the next 30 days to envision what these simple words might trigger within your own creative zone!


Todays word of the day is:

H E R O

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of a Hero, is a strong, powerful being.  Someone who puts others before themselves in all things. Someone who stands proud and pushes their own limitations to help save those around them. 


The character that I put into that word is:

He stood at the mirror, fixing his tie one last time before heading out the door.  Already late for work, as the commute would surly put him into that category.  He grabbed his belongings and keys before walking out of the dark, leaded glass door that lead to his after work retreat. Noone to kiss goodbye or shout I love you to.  He knew how his life should be and worked hard to focus on his place in the world. 

The call trembled in his body before the sound resignated from his ears.  Alert.  He jumped into his older SUV and after fastening his seat belt headed in the direction of the calls.  Someone was in trouble. 

--------------------------------------------

This is just my corny way of putting it into book reference.  I think of hero, I instantly, 80's child, go into COMIC BOOK MODE. (Doesn't help that Hubby is a CB buff himself!)  I think of the call for help and the hero taking action to be that help.  I guess that with my Dad being a Firefighter, this kind of sounds a crossed the board for me.  

I do, however, think that hero's come in many shapes and sizes, as well.  This was just one perspective. Kind of sexist at that.  I was thinking that as I typed it...Why, Kel, is this a Man?  Why could this not be a Woman?  (Yes, this actually happened.)  Conflict.  But I have to be real with myself, I was writing it from the top of my head and since I do seem to reference Male Characters when I write (their thought patterns so much simpler than a Females) it just flowed



OK, now it's your turn!  Don't forget to share!



Hopefully I am doing OK here.  I have three books that I have written.  Two of them I have not done the editing yet because with the first, the editing I did was BRUTAL!  I basically re-wrote the whole darn thing. (OCD tendency's here!)  I love writing. Something about it is so relaxing to me and so fun to be a new character, to think like that character and just BE.  But, then that whole time thing happens, and I am one of those people... you know the ones... my thoughts are here, NOW...and when I am interrupted...FORGET ABOUT IT!

One day it will happen!  For now, I will just have fun- with my bloggy's- sorry guys!  





Day 1 is done...Bring on Day 2!!



HERO!


~KEL

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...