Thursday, January 22, 2015

Writer's Beware...Its Day 17 here...

Writing Challenge WORD OF THE DAY:

SWIM

I had slept.  Finally.  It seemed like it had been weeks since I was able to close my eyes and completely relax.  I looked over at the clock to see that I had slept for an entire twenty four hours. 

It seemed odd.  The sun was shining bright, as it had been when I had gotten out of the warm tub and fell drowsily into the comfort of my fluffy bed. Like time had stopped.  I began to get out of bed, the rustling of the covers making just enough noise as a knock sounded on my bedroom door. 

I jumped, having to remember Mac.  "Come in, Mac." I said in my morning rusty voice.

"Well, Good Morning Kat. Did you get some sleep?"

"I'd say. Why didn't you wake me?"

"I knew it had been a few days since you slept. You needed this."

"You stayed." I asked as a statement, but it was more of a question.

"I needed to make sure no ex-husbands broke into your house while you were playing sleeping beauty." he said with a laugh. "Go ahead and pull yourself together and I will make you something to eat."

"You cook?" I really did not know.

He just laughed and walked out of my bedroom. 

It seemed so normal, which was a disturbing feeling. I had not been with a man since Danny.  I had put everything of myself into my career and although Mac and I were close, being partners for the past six years, it was always friendly between us, not romantic.

I walked into the bathroom, turned on the vanity lights and illuminated the dusty gray painted, semi updated space.  The vanity was newer, made of dark cherry and carved ornately all over the place. The marble top was a white with a warm gray throughout.  The bronze faucet and fixtures pulled it all together.  I had even laid the tile on the floor myself, which I am proud of because this was the first time I had ever done DIY. 

It was a familiar place for me.  A place that I had walked into nearly every day.  I was relaxed here, in this space. I looked in the mirror and the reflection haunted me. It was not that of my own, but that of Charlotte's.  She was bruised, blood coming from her mouth.  Her clothes looked like rags, her hair dirty and darkened with red blood.  The image before me was one that I could hardly comprehend as I felt as if I were in her body, not my own. I was swimming around somewhere inside this picture, somewhere close by, but I was living as Charlotte.  I had to take a moment and put myself back into my own head, to remember KAT.  I looked in the sink, where blood had spattered.  I could see it, clear as day. I ran my finger in the blood, swirled it around. I yelled for Kat. I had to find Kat. 

The door burst open.  Mac's face was white with fear.  He was in a panic as he saw me, his eyes showing the horror that was me. 

"Kat. KAT." he said, his voice high with adrenalin.  His cold hands were on my shoulders. He was pulling my face to meet his, looking into my eyes, trying to get me back. He shook gently, screaming my name.  I had to get back to my body.  I was not even sure if this was my body.  The image of the mirror came back into my mind.  I saw an image the frightened me, an image that was my sister telling me something. Was it true?  I could not take it all. I could not understand why I wasn't going back to my body. I was stuck...until everything went black.


____________________________________________


I can relate to what Kat is going through. I feel like I am drowning...in sickness!  Our house will not get better and it is starting to take its toll. 

Last night my three year old started running a fever of 101.9 around 8 PM.  She had been sleeping and woke up crying, unable to talk clear.  Her poor eyes were watering and her heart was beating so fast.  I grabbed the Tylenol and gave her a dose and got her fever down to 100.1, where it stood until 6 AM this morning. Around 7:30 AM she was down to 97.8.  I called the doctor and found out that due to her being on the anti-biotic, she is still fighting something.  As long as she eats and drinks, she should be OK and it is going down, so that is a good sign

She seems to be doing OK and thankfully, she LOVES ice water..so keeping her hydrated is no big deal.

Today is also my big day. I am fighting MAJOR rib pain, so I am off to the doctors today. I am at that point of UNBEARABLE.  

I am ready for this crap to leave and never come back. 

Luckily, my five year old, who previously had pneumonia, seems to be doing OK and Hubby has really dodge the sickness bullet.

I am ready for a VACATION...I am thinking about saving my pennies for a little spring vaca to the local water park?  I could use some downtime from work and sickness. 




Hope you all are doing great!  

How do we like our Word of the Day?


SWIM (see this is why I am thinking WATER PARK!)



Hope you all have a fantabulous Thursday.  I am SO ready for the weekend!

Until tomorrow...


Feedback is ALWAYS welcome!
~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...