Friday, January 30, 2015

Channeling a Writer: Day 25

Word of the Day:

PLAY

I had hopped on the Interstate and headed back to the scene of the crime.  Not the first scene, but the scene in which I was shot.  The house was empty.  The cars that were lining the drive had been removed.  Yellow police tape surrounded the hollow shell of a house.  The door stood opened. 

I needed to know more. I needed to get closer and see for myself. Why would Danny's parents abandon their home?  I had so many questions swarming.  My phone started ringing, jolting me from my own thoughts.
"Kat."

"Where you at Stranger?  I stopped by, afraid you slept for two days again." 

I had to laugh. "You voice is thick with worry and I appreciate that. I am fine. I had something I needed to deal with this morning."

"Oh yea. What?"

"Mac, I just need to be with my thoughts right now and work some things out."

"Good old Kat is back. Your at Daniel's parents house then?"

How the hell did he do that?  "Wha. How do you do that?" I had to ask. You know they say Curiosity killed the Kat, at least they do in my department, since I have been visiting the damn hospital so much!

"I will be right there. Sit tight." 

I heard it in his voice. It was a command. I don't want to say that he was directing me like traffic, but yea, he was. 

I sat back down in the car and took out my notepad and pencil. I started to play out the scene, draw the events, as I remembered. I would have to have Mac check them out to see if they matched his play by play. 

He pulled up shortly after I had exhausted my brain. He hoped into my car with coffee in hand. Why I didn't marry him right then and there is a mystery.

"What are you working?"

"I am confused as to where Danny's parents have gone? Why the hell is the house standing vacant?  It is not as if shots were fired in the house, they were clearly fired out of the house."

"Daniel's parents are deceased." 

"What, no there not." 

"Yes, they apparently died together in 2009."
I looked at him suspiciously. "How did they die, um, together, you said?"

"Drug overdose." 

"OK, double homicide then." 

"No, prescription dosage matched what was initially prescribed for both. It was considered natural death."

I laughed out loud.  I knew I had to tell Mac, whether I wanted to or not, he had to know the real story, not the one I sugar coated to tell the world.

________________________________________________



Have a Great Thursday!

~Kel


No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...