Friday, January 9, 2015

Channeling a Writer- Day 4

Just to re-iterate what is going on over here at Gray Gables Farm...we are feeling creative and with that we have taken on a new challenge encouraging us to write with prompt words.  I have, in turn, challenged my readers to try this challenge, with me, to wake their inner creative side.

That being said, I think it is ONLY fitting to say:



Ahh...I thought you would never get here Friday!  It is going to be a totally unpractical day at Gray Gables today, but it is Friday, so WHAT?  

My kiddos are home. One is sick (my l.o.- boo!) and my other had School Cancelled

I am excited!  Probably more so than she even is!  I got the message of a 2 hour delay for this morning last night and seriously said....BOO!  I sent a text to my Hubby and told him that they were being Sissies, they should just call it OFF, and to my surprise, at 6:30 a.m. this morning the text came through saying SCHOOL WAS CLOSED! (again!)

Anyways, I decided that with the roads being less than good, it was a day home for these girls.  Right now, I am "working" and they are busy using markers at their Art Table. (it's great!)

So, enough about us...let's get our minds right!




Writing Challenge word of the DAY:


Bones


Detective Kat got to the scene first.  Her black Dodge Charger put to work to ensure her arrival, safe, and within minutes, leaving her partner in her dust.  The call came in 9-1-1, stressing the urgency of the scene.  

People were everywhere, from the public, news crews, to Police, Fire and EMS.  The air was cold as it hit her lungs, tunneling through her scarf to catch within her breathe.  Ice covered the lawn, she knew, due to the fire crews having to put out the blaze that was happening minutes before.  

"What am I seeing?" she said in a scruffy, hurried voice to no one in particular.  She was all business, from her no fuss pony tail, her curly light brown locks matching her attitude.  Her black North Face coat was always zipped clear up to her cleft chin, ears covered with none other than leopard print ear muffs.  

"A Crime Scene Kat." he called out in his egotistical manner that he was known best for.  His blue eyes reflecting the shiny ice, his slight, upright smile casting a shadow of something better than what it seemed. 


"Asking for Details, Chevaz, keep up."  she said, matching his confidence, his smile.  It was always a game between the two.  Some kind of adolescent banter. 

"Kat, your here already?"

"Sure, Captain.  What am I looking at?"

"Bones."

She scratched her head, looking at the blackened pile of ash that was just beyond her right foot.  She would have walked right through it, thinking her crime scene was just beyond the yellow, do not cross this line, tape.  She took a hard swallow.  This was a first.


------------------------------------------

I am going to try to new approach, something i was thinking of before I fell asleep last night.  I am a kind of all over the place, person!  I think that, in order to challenge myself, really challenge myself, I need to focus. I need to take this format, these characters and compile something that can be read as one.  





Yes, I just went crazy!







Please let me know how you are doing- any suggestions that you might have- any ideas for future posts- I LOVE FEEDBACK!






Have fun everyone and have a FANTASTIC weekend!


#thankgoditsFriday






~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...