Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Channeling a Writer- Day 23

Writing Challenge:  

and the word of the day is...


hal·low
ˈhalō/
verb
  1. 1.
    honor as holy.
    "the Ganges is hallowed as a sacred, cleansing river"
noun
archaic
  1. 1.
    a saint or holy person.


It felt as if I had relieved this day over and over again. The air was still, the car quiet.  The traffic on the road was just as it always was, zipping through life on autopilot. 

"Feel good to finally be heading home."

"Understatement of the year, right there." I said, a smile crossing my pale, makeup less face. 

"Can you try to be more careful now?"

"Hey." I said, knowing he was joking.  As hellish as this past month had been for me, he had been living it by my side.  I was grateful and ashamed all in the same.  I had dragged him into this mess, this drama. He was a simple guy, he liked to live a quiet, carefree life. I seriously doubted that hospitals were a part of it!

"Your still pale.  I can honestly say that I am still worried. I don't know what the hell to think." 

I was grateful for him finally breaking the ice. I could tell that he had been holding things back at my sacrifice. 

"Speaking of that.  What happened with Danny?  Did he shoot me?"
I watched Mac wriggle in his seat.  Was he really not going to answer my question. 
"Please don't shut me out.  I am a detective too. I am going to find out, if you don't tell me." 

"Kat, listen.  There was a lot that happened when you were...shot.  The uniforms were running the show and there is reasonable cause that the shooter was Daniel, but..."

I looked at him.  I felt empty inside. I knew where he was going, what he was telling me, in his round about way.

"Wait...Kat, look at me." he said, his cold fingers grabbing my chin, forcing me to look into his piercing blue eyes. "I am not saying that there are not leads, I am saying that on that day, that day no one was caught."

So here is Danny...Daniel or what ever the hell he wants to be called...sitting here as a Hallow, a damn holy person, living his life, knowing he got away with it. He has gotten away with it all so far.  I felt the anger growing. I felt my blood boil inside my veins and I knew that this was it.  Last straw had been pulled and it was time for me to step up my pathetic ass and be the detective I had trained to be, the one I had given my life for.  This was the moment when it all made sense.  I was going to get him.  I knew.  I knew deep down that this was his handiwork.  I had left some information undisclosed to maintain a partial opinion.  It was time to let the cat out of the damn bag and show the world the Danny that I had grown to know. The one that had transformed before my eyes two short days after I became his wife.  The moment that I knew of the mistake I had made, and that I am sure Char learned shortly after her own nuptials to this Sadistic wolf in sheep's clothing.

--------------------------------

Whoo, that felt great!  I have direction and I find it amazing when that happens! 







Hi yall!  It's Wacky Wednesday in our house!  We are getting better...slowly but surely and having a funtastic day today.  
We are at 1 week till my oldest girl is SIX! That is exciting news!



How are we all doing with the writing challenge? 



Today's word was fun because I almost made the mistake of writing how Hollow Kat was inside - thank goodness for Webster, right!  Hallow...NOT Hollow!!




Our stories should be getting good!  We have 7 words to go!  

Brace yourselves!!

Until Tomorrow!  


~KEL

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...