Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Channeling a Writer- Day 2

Today is yet another day.  It was a rather uneventful evening at the Amstutzes of Gray Gables Farm last night.  


Took my little ladies out for a roll in the snow- unfortunately it was just a taste considering it was 9* out there with that lovely W I N D


I feel great though. I love that I am using the potential of my own mind and really shaping my blog in the creative way, which is exactly what I could wish/hope for long term


I was even lucky enough to watch..in peace.. Fixer Upper's premier last night on HGTV. 

Side note: I am in love with this show. I am serious peeps!  

I was hooked one day back in October when a marathon was going on, I could not turn it off!  I love Joanna's style, I love Chip and his quirkiness and I love what they do!  I love the meaning and the style and the whole package and I must say that I LOVE MAGNOLIA MARKET!  My Mom even got me 
Y U M to hang on my walls in the Kitchen from the store for Christmas! (She so knows me!)


Anyone else watching?  

Is it causing inspiration in you? 


Well, I am inspired, let me tell you.  My ideas are coming to fruition..but that is the only teaser I am allowed right now!

Anyways!  It is time to get on with our Challenge.. Anticipation building yet?

Our Writing Word of the day is: 

A S H



He went to the door, knowing he must go, out..into the cold air to find the warmth that lie just behind the carriage house.  The air struck him in the face like a hard slap, leaving his cheeks red and cold.  The walk was long from the times taken so recent.  The snow was deep, crunching whiteness with each step.  The air was silent with a simple glow of reflection. 

He made it to the big black building.  The smoke billowing from the flue, the door creaked as he opened it, preparing for the fire and warmth that lie just insides its belly. The ash sprinkling the earth from what once was of the wood that lies inside. 

He used his pitchfork to lite the embers bright, to stir the ash around and reignite the fire that once burned so hot within.  The warmth would soon reach the house. 




-----------------------------

Of course, this reflects my Hubby filling the Wood Boiler, which is currently heating our house, nice and toasty, I might add!  It is a sweltering 11* here today and the wind will not let up.  The plus side is that we do have the snow, not quiet as deep as I exaggerated above, but it is present and it does crunch- thanks to the temperature



-------------------------------------------

Please share!  I want to hear your words with ASH, your story and what it brings creatively to your minds eye!



Until Tomorrow all!


~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...