Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A BAD Mommy Day!

Tonight I am praying to the Lord for forgiveness!  I am having a ROUGH night, again, for the third night in a row. Tonight is different though because I have finally exploded!
Right now I have a two year old who is napping for, on average, two hours in the afternoon, sleeping, when she does sleep, for twelve SOLID hours and when she wakes from nap she is a whine MESS! And screaming that she is TIRED and WANTS ME... Then I have a four years old who is coming home from school today and has a sassy mouth, once again! LORD HELP ME!
I am trying to find my calm, only after a screaming match with MISS SASSY PANTS HERSELF!

So, we get home, Kait is whining, as usual! She goes into her fit.  Kam is talking back to me.  I asked her to take a stool back to the kitchen where she got it since she was done with it and it turned into, "No Mom, you do it. I dont have to. I just want to do what I want to do, do you hear me, DO YOU HEAR ME.."  Yes, there was yelling in this sentence.  I was like, Kam, please dont talk to me like that.  Reply: "I will talk to you how I want, I do what I want, do you hear me MOM."  I told her to stop sassing and she told me NO.  This is where I grab my trustee wooden spoon, of which I rarely have to use- its more of a bargaining chip. Well, she kept it up and kept it up- finally getting her Dad involved- where she got a swat on her bottom, and was told to sit on the couch for time out- she choose to tell him NO, and profess how he couldnt do that to her and blah blah blah.  This is FOUR people!  WTF.  I am losing my mind and we are not against spanking, we are not against soap in the mouth- but it doesnt work with this kid.  I havent figured out what does work yet- AH, the joy of parenting.  He mangaed to reason with her little sassy butt and she ended up doing fifteen minutes in her room, crying for every minute.

My thoughts at this point- God its gonig to be a LONG night!

So, then before Hubby went off to work we had a full fledged MELT DOWN from Kait- aka Miss Whiner! Yea, starting the rest of my night off right- NOT!

So, after a half an hour of her crying fit, nothing calming her down or distracting her, or making her Happy- I finally sat everyone down for dinner- with the help of a cookie for snack!  We did bath time- all our usual routine.  Then they played- Kait screaming for the duration of the time- Mommy trying to stay calm and gently say, knock it off!

Then, all hell broke loose.  I HATE BEDTIME! Both girls are TIRED. There day started at 7 AM  - Kam had school so she was basically running on fumes.  I got Kait settled in her bed- yes, she is still in the crib- grr.  We are working on potty training and the big transition to the big girl bed- so far neither are going well.  (feeling like a failure of a MOM here!)
Kam on the other hand was catching a second wind from her fumes.  I watched something random on Disney Jr- then asked if she were ready for me to pat her back.  She said YES- but I knew it wasnt going to go well.  Screamining and yelling- lots of sassing and forty five minutes later.  I want to cry- I feel like i should cry in front of her so that she knows what her behavior does when  she asks so mean.  But instead I stick to my guns- stay strong and tell her that it is bedtime and she needs to get rest.  Why does she sass so much! Its so frustrating.  I am trying to be respectful of all the changes we are going through- but damn! This is crazy.  Finally she tells me to say sorry and follows up with if you dont say sorry I wont go to bed.  Where does she get this from?  I dont talk to her in any way, shape or form, like this.  I ask her if she thinks it is ok to talk to me like that, she tells me no, and I ask her how she would feel if when she is a Mommy, her kids talked to her like that, she said Not good... I asked her to think about that when she talks to me- and explained my JOB as a Mommy.  She said she understands, but then she got back out of bed and ran around the house yelling and acting crazy!  She woke up her sister and I just told her to get in her bed NOW! I meant it too!!!  God has to give me strength, because I am afraid I am going to lose it!  I need a MOMMY TIME OUT! Please!!

I will survive, I will do this all over again tomorrow and hope for a better night, I will love my kid unconditionally- but I will NOT put up with her behavior.  The next stop for her is she will get her room cleaned out- which has happened before, when she was 3.  We joke because we swear that she is an OLD SOUL- like she has been here before.  I dont doubt it -she is well older than four, but it does not excuse disrespect and I will not encourage disrespect- especially since i have been trying to teach respect since birth. 

To top it all off- we have the desk  - kind of put together-  in our room.  I have been waiting since Sunday to have it put together and yet, here it sits, still not together.  I decided to try to handle it myself- without any luck. Throw me a bone, please!

Onto tomorrow... Hump Day... Bring it!!!

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...