Monday, November 18, 2013

The desk is finally together and set up!

Life is good.  We accomplished *something this weekend.  Well, ok, a few things.  Hubby was only off on Sunday and managed to get the light up in our closet and the Desk together and set up.  Yeah!

I got our closet cleaned up, organized and all the stuff we dont *need right now, put in the attic.  I also managed to get the girls toys cleaned up a bit, and my tupperware organized!  GO ME.

I still havent ran the vaccum, but we will manage.  We have so much still to do.  The latest flavor of the week seems to be the Parents wanting to come back and help.  I have to give an answer and Hubby is like, no.  Right now we are stress free, noone hates him (or to his face they dont seem to) and we are all getting along.  I relay this and I am told that THEY will be coming over and Hubby doesnt need to know- what? I feel stuck.  I know my Dad will get stuff done around here, but it will be his way or the highway, whether I like it or not.  This approach does not sit well with Hubby and I, since this is our house and we would like to have a say in how we want it set up- if it wont work, at least think about it and give me valid reason WHY it wont work, not just that we are stupid, or we cant do that, or because we dont have time.  That kind of sucks, but it is in the past.

So my crossroad is, do I let it roll as we are, getting nothing done or things slowly done- or do I let them back in and even though they say they dont want to take over, they are already telling me to get a new cabinet here or do this, or we cant do it the way Hubby was thinking.  Ahh. It could all be so simple, but you'd rather make it hard, loving you is like a battle and we both end up with scars (sorry Lauren Hill screams in my head with them.)

 Where am I in my head?  Well, I feel like Hubby is making lots of that paper and I am trying to get my stuff situated to where I can put some of that paper away so I can just hire someone to come in here- put together my kitchen, laundry room, change out my half bath, add a door to the basement - tear off a funny room at the end of our house with a dirt floor and put on a deck.  Oh yea, we also need a concrete floor and loft in the pole barn.  I dont feel like this is unreasonable- no family ties- no drama.  Just work and money.

So ready for DISNEY!  Maybe in a few years.

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...