Friday, November 15, 2013

Relationships: Passing by with just a HI!

This week has been filled with ups and downs for me. Tonight was no exception.

My Hubby has been working 10 hour days, 6 days a week for a while now.  His shift starts at 5 pm- but he leaves at 415 or so.  This makes it challenging!  I work at 5 am and get home with the kids around 3 pm- so we are kind of just passing each other- with a little hello in the morning- when he gets home at 4 am.

I think the most important thing is that we are MAKING it work.  It is not easy, but I am very proud of hubby for stepping up to the plate and, even through I have a full time job outside of the house, he is the bread winner.  I am sure it makes him feel good too.

But, (yea, we all knew one was coming, right!) nothing is getting done in the remodeled mess we are living in. I am kind of going crazy, but, being the good wife I am, I just act like I am not bothered and keep my lips sealed.  I tried to get the desk together in our room- unsuccessfully! It is sitting in the middle of the room and driving me MAD! That was Monday... It is still sitting where it was and its Friday.. Me, not so happy about this..

The couch in the living room was sitting on the floor and VERY uncomfortable.  We had talked about putting the feet on it weeks ago.  Yet, a month and a half later, guess what- still no feet. So, last night, as sick as I was, I had the help of a 4 year old- and got those darn feet on that heavy couch! GO ME! (toot toot!)

I also had a rug for the living room- a BIG rug at that, that I was able to get down, finally, right!

I am taking on so many responsibilities and while I appreciate Jason for making that paper- I am still in need of his help to get stuff done.  I am itching for a stove- reasonably so, I think.  But, I am choosing to "PICK MY BATTLES" - because a) life is to short and b) time is precious!

Our life is good, don't get me wrong.  We are handling everything just fine, we are making it work.  It is not always easy as a couple, but I think that we are seeing everything in a different light. 


Hubby and I are unique, in that, we are able to connect and be 'in-tune' even when we are not together.  There is also text-messaging- thank goodness!

So, as I close on this Friday eve, this week has been especially rough- with sicknesses and lack of sleep and crazy kids- but, we are communicating just fine and that is enough for this week.  Next week hopefully we will be bringing sexy back! LOL

 Loving Quotes World

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...