Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Day Mom Challenge- who's in?


It happens to all of us.  It is the weekend.  We are ready to get stuff done.  Friday turns into Saturday.  Saturday turns into Sunday.  It is as if the days flip without a blink of the eye.  Well, this weekend was no different in our household.  I took the day off on Friday for the crazy Halloween festivities.  It was a blessing, if I might add!  I spent the morning playing My little Pony with my Three year old.  I spend the afternoon freezing in the cold and rain watching my five year old in her Halloween Parade at school, outside without a coat! (I am a MOM!) Then, we kissed my Husband goodbye, as he headed to work and we headed to Nana and Papa's for Trick or Treating, bundled up, umbrella in tow, as usual! (Halloween in Ohio...this is NORMAL!)



Imagine my surprise when at six o'clock my Hubby comes waltzing in the front door of my Parents house.  It was a surprise to the girls too, who were excited as could be to see their Daddy, skull mask ready. (Yes, he had to buy a Halloween mask this year to "fit in"....)

So, we bundled up, gloves check, hat check, scarf check.  We even doubled our socks and headed out into the rain, cold and dark streets.  It was lame.  That is all I have to say.  It was a forty minute trek around the few neighborhoods and half way around it was met by complaints from a girl who was a) tired, b) sick and c) had wet feet.  My three year old was having the time of her life though and kept saying, after every stop, "I love this! I love trick or treating!" which was a treat for Jason and I as well!

So, we finally made it back to the house, checked out candy and allowed the girls to have 1 piece.  Mind you, Miss five year old had an abundance already at school that day- she is so much fun when she has had a pound of chocolate in her system...not!

We had whining.  We had crying.  We had back-talk.  We had to set them straight, which was met by a Nana and Papa scold.  Really...  But, we got back on track and happy before we headed home. 

It wasn't until Saturday Morning that I realized, as a Mom that is, what a mistake the night before really was.  My Oldest had a terrible cough, followed by feeling icky and a stomach ache to match.  Love the weather, i tell you!

So, although we "took it easy" on Saturday, we were still busy.  I had laundry, they had running around the house all day stuff to do!  Sunday was errand day, and of course- Sheet Day.  We are always so busy!  I got to thinking that we really do not take a day out of each month to spend with our kids.  I mean, sure, we did Boo to the Zoo this month for the girls and it was fun and all, but it was busy!  It was station after station and there really was not a time to wander and ask questions and learn, even observe. 


What is better with these types of dilemmas than a MOM CHALLENGE

This is a 30 day Challenge for MOMs- an ultimate Mom's TO DO list and to help me, as a MOM, be the best I can be. 

On your MARK.  Get SET.  GO!

Today is Day #1:

Ask.  "What is one thing we can do together this month?


Jot down your kiddo's answer and make it happen!  I have two kids, so guess what, I guarantee I will get to do two things together with them and I can't wait!


Check back tomorrow for my Kiddo's answers to this question and what Day #2's challenge awaits!


Happy Mom-vember :)


~Kel


No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...