Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 2 of the MOM Challenge- Go the WHOLE day without YELLING!

Times are tough in our household!  I asked my Question to my little ladies before bed yesterday, "What is one thing we can do together this month?" with an answer that was completely in-sync, like they rehearse this stuff!  It was a shout, "Imagination Station."  I was waiting for one to say something different, but instead it was the same answer, which is awesome because we love Imagination Station, plus we have the membership- so it's a free day! 



Too easy is my first thought on this one! 



Today is DAY 2.  

This one is going to be a challenge. I almost want to make this a challenge for my kids because they do their share of this in our house!  



Go the WHOLE day without YELLING.


Obviously, I know this can be done, as I have had maybe a handful of these kinds of days- but they are so far away to date that I can hardly remember them.  It seems that my girls have broken ears on most days (and yes, we do threaten to take them to a "special" doctor who will do surgery and give them Elephant Ears to help them hear all things!)  and unless I raise my voice, my warnings are completely and utterly ignored

I am going to try this today though.  It would be a great day to have a yelling free home, but like I said, they do their share of it too!  Usually it starts with them yelling, me calmly telling them to use their indoor voice and them consistently ignoring me that leads to a Girls! shout.  Oh what fun it is to be a PARENT!  



I pray to God everyday to please let me survive teenage years because I feel like this is the teenage years and when they are actually teenagers I am going to get eaten alive! (times two!) 





Let me know how this challenge is going for your family!  I will let you know how my day goes today- YELLING FREE ZONE here!

Until Tomorrow all my Parents!!


~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...