Friday, November 14, 2014

Day 12- Pray for Wisdom

We all make mistakes...even Mommies



Last night was a rough one in our house.  

Me versus my sick three year old who has broken "listening" ears and an over protective BIG SISTER. 
 
Sleep deprivation was the cause, that much I am sure of.  It was a child jumping on her bed, which is in front of a window and lacking a headboard (I am on it!) and images from this Momma of her little, tiny, three year old falling into that said window, glass breaking and her tumbling to the ground, way, way down.  It is a horrible image, one that I could do without. 

It is a rule in our house....No Jumping on the beds.  We have this rule because one five year old tumbled off her bed into her big dresser and hurt herself really bad. Luckily, it was not a trip to the ER, but close.

So, after repeated attempts to get Miss Three from jumping on her bed and her repeatedly NOT listening to one word that was leaving my mouth, I started taking things away.  Everytime she did NOT listen, she lost another stuffed animal.

Animals were literally flying into the hallway.  

Acrossed the hall my anxious five year old was showing signs of a meltdown.  I tried to be calm, but after her angst and screaming and yelling she got a swat on her bottom and was ordered to return to her room and mind her own business. (So much for NOT YELLING!)  All this was going on while my three year old finally sat down on her bed, realizing that I had taken her precious Minnie to meet her fate of living in the white plastic bag until Miss Three could EARN her back with better behavior.  This process seemed to have been lost in translation with my five year old, who scratched the crap out of me while I was loading up the plastic bag full of fresh goodies. More yelling ensued and finally, I just walked away. So much for remaining calm and firmly planted- MOM.  Not exactly my proudest moment- let's just say! 





While I went downstairs to cool my growing, raging temper off, my five year old had worked herself into a complete meltdown and the result was PUKE



Lots and lots of puke.  

It was all over my freshly shampoo'ed carpets.  I was calm at this point...well somewhat calm.  I filled my bowl with warm water and dish soap, grabbed my paper towels and scrub brush and went up to make sure she was OK and calming down before I tackled the mess.

During clean up, with us both calm...we talked it through.  I explained that I had not handled myself correctly, she explained the same.  She told me that she did not know that her sisters stuffed animals could be earned back and thought they would be gone forever.  She then told me that it was my job to let her know what was going on...Um, she is FIVE!  I had to calm, rationally explain to her that I was Mom and the only person who I was expected to explain my stance with was Dad, of which she understood...somewhat. 


I am somewhat confused because this is the same actions that are done for her when she acts out and this is how she has learned making the right decision versus the wrong ones.  All in all, she was terrified that Santa saw her behavior, of which I reassured her that we all make mistakes and Santa understands that. It is how we learn from them that is important. 


Talk about a ROUGH night! 

The funniest part is that while ALL this is going on, my three year old finally fell asleep! That is just crazy! It had a profound affect on my five year old though, which is hard because it really had nothing to do with her in the first place. She was not even instigating her sister, for once!



Enough about the drama of our household, but I think that it does have something to go with Wisdom.  

It is the wisdom to understand mistakes and learn from them and try not to make the same mistakes.  

It is about learning, which, young or old, we are always doing, right!

Pray for Wisdom




And because, I think this is important:






~Kel



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...