Friday, November 7, 2014

To Quit or NOT to Quit


Yesterday was a day full of tough choices!  I mean, it was time to re-evaluate MY life.  I had to decide WHAT the HELL I wanted to do and what I ACTUALLY had time to do.  

I actually hate this part of LIFE.  I mean, it happens to me every few months or so, sometimes less, sometimes more.  It is when I purge the ineffective things and make room for growth and things that I LOVE to do.  Plus, I am over extended...let's just be clear about that! 


So, what the hell am I talking about, right!  I work from home and not like as an Independent person for a company. I mean, I have a legit work at home for a company that pays me, provides insurance, retirement, vacation, etc.  It's great, I am blessed.  I work a lot of hours because of the freedom I get for being able to be at home and let's face it, I don't have a commute, which prior to this job was an hour to an hour and half round trip!  Here is a chunk of my time- at least 45+ hours.




Well, then I decided (here it is people!) to start Beachbody as a Coach. 

Sure, I was working out...at first.   I was drinking the shakes...before.  

Then, pressure came to sell, to join a challenge that I failed miserably.  Guess what...that did not make it fun!  

It is not like I tried.  I DID!  

I worked my butt off trying to get people interested, trying to show them the results, the work I was putting in, the fun I was having.  When I get bored though...its over.  This is a part of my life that I am purging.  It is not an easy decision, as this is the second time that I have QUIT Beachbody.  I tried this gig last year and with the house situation and money stuff, it just didn't work.  This year, it is kind of the same. This shit is expensive.  I won't say it doesn't work, because IT DOES, if you WORK too!  

Problem is, I feel SO busy  that I don't work out and therefore it has lost some of its LUSTER.  




Then there is AVON.  What a rip off!  I'm sorry! I mean, you don't actually MAKE money.   It is not like they drop a certain amount in your bank account after an order.  Instead, I pay an inflated price to get the products (yes, pay before product), then I get my invoice with corrected pricing based on my sales (could be up to 40% off) and whatever I paid over and beyond I just get a CREDIT within AVON.  

WTH.  

This is stupid.  So, after a few months of campaigns, and a few customers...I kissed it goodbye.  

Maybe my BANK Account will thank me?




Then I was booted from Scentsy. This was the ONE business that I would go back to.  For one, I LOVE the products.  


I was my BEST customer after all.  

And TWO, it was just FUN.  I did not get the chance to do a party, but I did have some customers and I used the products too, so it made it worth while.  But, that being said, I can not afford to buy every month to keep myself in business.




I kind of feel like a new person today!  I mean, I don' have all that baggage and I feel like i can really just focus on myself and my family. 



Plus, I have this crazy new Gig that I signed up for, it is scaring me to death!  I will be the Daisy Troop Co-Leader. They needed a co-leader to help the Leader out to have a troop and after waiting...what...three months, and hearing that we would not be having a troop this year without a co-leader, I stepped up for the good of the Girls!  My kid is waiting ever so patiently to get this Girl Scout thing going.  I have been doing work with that to pull my weight and help out and surprisingly, I am enjoying it and cant wait to get the girls meeting!



So, goodbye to failed attempts at my own business. I will focus on my family and my real job.  I am kind of thinking of taking my Diaper Cakes to Etsy though...Am I ready for that? EEk... I think I should revisit after holidays pass!

#feelingcarefulandfabulous

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...