Sunday, November 23, 2014

Day 22...this one is TOUGH

When Tomorrow Starts Without Me  by: Margi Harrell

When Tomorrow starts without me
and I'm not here to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes,
all filled with tears of me.
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
the way you did today,
while thinking of the many things
we didn't get to say.

I know how much you loved me,
as must as I love you,
and each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But when tomorrow starts without me
please try to understand,
That an Angel came and called my name and took my by the hand.

When tomorrow starts without me,
don't think  we're far apart,
for every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.




Our Challenge:

How do you want your child to remember you?  Be THAT Mom today.

I really must be honest, I hate this question. I mean, it is a known fear that I have that I will die early and miss my kids lives.  It is difficult to even think about what their memory of me would be?  I hope it would be a loving Mom, one who taught them well and listened and had an understanding heart.  I hope that they remember all the little things we do...like bake cookies and read....three books before bed EACH night, or that I sneak in to their rooms in the middle of the night to check on them and kiss their sweet sleepy faces and whisper that I love them...every night. I hope that they know that they made me better.. I am a better person because of them and they make me so happy and proud. I could not be prouder.   They have been a light to my soul and I hope that in some way I have been able to shine back on their lives.


What are your thoughts?  What are you kids going to remember about you?  What can we do today to make these memories more vivid and bright? 

I am going to have a rowdy crowd, as my oldest stayed with her Grandparents last night, so we will be excited to be back home and a little wound up!  I think we do our tradition...bake cookies, read and listen to their own stories.  I think that the best person I can be is the one they want to go to...not the one they need.

Love you my girls!

Mom!



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...