Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Day 18- Who is a Mom you admire? What quality of hers can you live out today?

She is clothed in DIGNITY and STRENGTH  ~unk

This requires some thinking through, as it can be a few Mom's, living or on TV. It is hard to pick out qualities from one person, especially in my home, where my girls are SO different.  It stems from the way they learn, the way they talk, the way they play, all the way to how to discipline them!  Each is so different that there is no one way that can be streamlined. (Gosh, my job would be easy if that were the case...I mean - just pick up the "How to be a Mom" manual, and your all set!)


ad·mi·ra·tion
ˌadməˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. respect and warm approval.
    "their admiration for each other was genuine"
    synonyms:respectappreciation, (high) regard, esteemvenerationMore
    • something regarded as impressive or worthy of respect.
      "her house was the admiration of everyone"
      synonyms:respectappreciation, (high) regard, esteemvenerationMore
    • pleasurable contemplation.
      "they were lost in admiration of the scenery"



Our Challenge today is to Identify the following:


Who is a MOM you admire?  What quality of hers can you live out today?

It's Wednesday, so I hope I have you all THINKING!  I mean, I am about to break it down.  I am digging deep to find that one Mom who has me listlessly thinking...Dang..I wish I was a MOM like THAT...

1.  My OWN MOM. I mean, she worked hard her whole life, missing school stuff and providing for our family to ensure that my little bro and I had everything we wanted and needed.  She helped me be a very responsible person, who thinks things through before making hasty decisions.

2. TV Mom that I admire the MOST:  Lorelai Gilmore...Gilmore Girls
Need I say more? She was hip, cool, down to earth and witty!  She was Rory's best friend but yet, she didn't get along with her own Mother.  She is who I want to be...involved in my kiddos lives.

3. TV Mom-  Clair Huxtable ...The Cosby Show.  She was so much like my own Mom.  She was a little scary, funny, and very smart.  She know how to have fun, but also be serious and teach while doing so.  (ON a side note...I am kind of furious with people about Bill Cosby. I mean, I am keeping an open mind, especially since these allegations are from events that took place 10-20 years ago... let the man grow old and leave him ALONE. And Janice Dickinson...your a has-been who did reality TV and showed the world that you would do anything to get a PAYCHECK.  Sorry...it HAD to be said!)

4. TV Mom- Jill from Home Improvement- She was dealing with boys..boys...boys...boys.  She was so easy going and laid back, especially with the chaos that was going on all around her. Such a cool Mom!



This is just the ones that I could think of, and I spend some time doing so.  I mean, not every MOM on TV is admirable... And I will fail to mention them on purpose, too!





So, as for my #1 pick, my own Mom, I feel like I should get her some recognition....so I made a list (duh) of the 20 (of MANY) reason why I admire her so:

1) She is a retired city employee, who gave them 30+ years of her life.
2) She is a loving, fun, and inspiring Nana to 2 beautiful girls!
3) Every year, we gather in her kitchen to bake Christmas cookies and they are delicious!
4) She was the first person in our family to go to college.
5) She is still devoted and married to my Dad. 
6) She loves to sing and dance...even if we don't want her to! ;)
7) She didn't let the moody, teenage years affect her..to much!
8) She is a caring person, and always tries to help others.
9) She has a good laugh!
10) We enjoy good conversations...when Dad is trying to leave and is backing the car down the driveway..usually!
11) She loved Scotland and hopes to visit again!
12) She always encourages my brother and I to be ourselves.
13) She is always there for me when I need her.
14) She is always there for anyone in our family.
15) She tries to stay close with estranged family.
16) She keeps the memory of Grandpa alive, which gives my kids the sense of knowing him in memory.
17) She makes the best spaghetti ever.
18) She tells me she is proud of me and that I am a great Mom.
19) She provided my brother and I a truly blessed and happy childhood.
20) She is beautiful, inside and out!


So, today I get to be the best Mom I can be!  Listen intently to my children, handle my job with ownership and laugh...a lot ...because life is good!

Happy Admiration day to all the MOMS!

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...