Monday, November 17, 2014

Day 16 of our 30 Day MOM Challenge: Picture your child at age 25. Mother with that end in mind today.

Children have the unforgivable habit of Growing Up...
~Bjarne Reuter

As Parents, do we not picture our kids older than they really are, everyday.  I mean, I am guilty of saying just the other day, "She's five going on thirty."  My kids tend to have their clear, calm moments when I actually forget they are three and five years old.  I mean, last night, in the bathtub my three year old, who has been having trouble keeping her earrings in her head lately, says to me, 'Mom, I am going to pick out some earrings after bath-time and you can put them in and I promise I won't take them out unless I ask you to take them out because they are bodering me. OK.' and of course, after my heart melted over my beautiful child I simply said, OK.  But the day before I got a song and dance act over the reasons as to why she kept taking her earrings out and essentially losing them to never be found again... 


Kids are awesome, aren't they..[just a hint of sarcasm there!]


My older child walks around like she is at least fifteen.  I mean, she just learned how to read and she grabs my book...[Gone Girl] and starts picking out sight words...EEK!  Not exactly the appropriate book for a new reader, would ya say!  I swiftly grabbed the book from her eager eyes, explaining that it is much to difficult for her to read now and someday...far, far from now...she might dabble in my books.  Then she responds with "OK, so next year I can read your books.."  It is so sweet and innocent that I can't help but laugh.  I mean, it is the innocence of a child who is so ready to grow and learn and be so much more than she is right now...but I want her to shrink!  I want her to stop growing and stop learning and stop...Stop...STOP!  


It is an awesome adventure watching them grow, seeing their pant legs start to turn into High-Waters and shirt sleeve that were once long turn short...(seriously, I am NOT that MOM- they get clothes ALL the time...People have you shopped GIRLS clothes lately...#toomuchcutetonot)  But, with this adventure that we are on comes the realization that they are gulp...Growing up...  It has been pointed out that we only have TEN more years until one of them gets their learners permit...to D R I V E... ugh.  As a Mom, this is SO unsettling.  A car...behind the wheel...it causes instant anxiety! Not funny...at ALL!

But, I suppose that I can complete this simple challenge...my point is that it is NOT like I haven't a thousand times before today... I mean our talks are quiet intense.. Why you should NOT put the phone charger in your MOUTH when it is PLUGGED in....Why you need to think about your actions BEFORE you do them!  At that is just the tip of the ice burg in our house!


OUR CHALLENGE:

Picture your child at age 25.  Mother with that end in MIND...


Disclaimer:  It is only for TODAY.  You can go back to treating them like small kiddos tomorrow.  I am kind of sad to say that we kind of have a reasoning approach in our house and YES it does come back to bite us a lot.  We get a lot of WHYs on a regular basis and end up explaining our decisions...

Um, hello... little person...you are not a PARENT yet... 


So, have fun with it today!  Post comments on how your day went and I will be sure to update you all on how ours goes too!

Happy Adult Parenting all!!

~Kel

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...