Monday, November 10, 2014

Day #8 Math time....Get ready for it....It's a tough one

Face Mask...please

Our house is filled with germs as we being another week!  We have one kiddo getting over a "cold" and another who just seems to keep getting worse as each day passes. (Of course, it is the younger of the two- isn't that just how it goes?) 

We had a good weekend.  We were unable to do our "One thing together" this weekend, as we had Imagination Station planned for Sunday, but with the girls under the weather...we opted to a cozy Sunday, Fun-day at home, instead



Hubby and I had a night to ourselves on Saturday, as we had a friends wedding to attend. It was fun because we got all dressed up and actually had someplace to go!  I actually wore heels! (This is a BIG deal for me!) The house is always SOOO quiet when my kids are away, it is almost sad







But, don't worry, because it was back to busy and loud on Sunday!  And I am still standing tall, sick free (or cold free, at least) and I am hoping to keep it that way! (Face Mask...Please!)




Today we have another challenge and it is one that I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO

Our Challenge:


Calculate how many weeks are left until your child graduates from high school. 


Math, really!  I just want to shout: TOO MANY! Duh!

But, really, I will do the W O R K because I am challenging myself, even if this realization is depressing on so many levels!

Ok, so I figure that we have about 608 weeks left until our oldest Graduates from High School.  That gives me a brilliant idea.  I mean, what if I fill a jar full of marbles. (Why do marbles come to mind?  I guess we could use cotton balls or craft puffs or really whatever but I am kind of digging marbles, plus I have a bunch of really old ones that were found in our Old Farm house, here!)  
some of the marbles found here at Gray Gables

What if we have 608 marbles in that jar and for each week, we take out a marble.  I guess maybe two jars would be necessary for this task.  

But then, I ask myself...do I really want to countdown this tragic event?  I mean, once a child graduates, it is kind of all downhill, right?  

I think back to myself and once I graduated High School, it was onto another chapter and I was working full time, in college full time and when I was not occupied by that busy stuff, I was trying to hang out with friends...so I was never home with my family.
My, Dora..you have grown up!

Yea, I am definable rethinking this "fun" exercise!

The question is different for my Three year old, as she has not even started her school experience yet and to be quiet frank, I would rather not go there, as I feel like that would speed up the entire process. NO THANK YOU!


So, I challenge all my Mom's out there to figure this out.  It is a question that I would rather skip in all honesty, but at the same time it is a reflection of the time we have and how precious it is and how fast it will go

Happy Monday Mommies!


~Kel




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...