Wednesday, January 22, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #3

Day #3- Your views on Drugs and Alcohol

Oh well let's just jump into these great controversial topics- what do you say?

My views on Drugs and Alcohol will differ from a lot of people in the world, I am sure. I grew up in a normal family. My Dad was a Firefighter and Carpenter on the side, my Mom was a City Employee. They were casual drinkers.  I experimented with Alcohol at fifteen.  I actually drank a few times at the bars when I turned twenty one and stopped. I always joke because I say that I got all the drinking out of my system before I was twenty one- and party hard did I !

Well, when I was fourteen I lost a dear cousin to drinking and driving.  He fell asleep at the wheel of his car one evening due to being intoxicated. This left an imprint on my being.  I NEVER would drink and drive.  I was always careful and cautious but I also liked to have a good time.

Today I choose not to drink. I have had a few nights of fun here and there but when I started getting serious with my Hubby , who also does not drink, I just moved on.

As for drugs, I have experimented in the past.  I just grew up.  I didn't do anything more than Marijuana.  I don't like pills, period, so that was out of the question.  I worked for our local police department and they brought in the drug force, where we got to see each drug on the street and all I have to say is that was disgusting and opened my eyes to a lot of things.

I live a clean life today.  I am a Mom after all.  It is funny though, I ask myself a lot how I am going to approach these topics with my girls.  I am a pretty laid back person and with my own Brother, I would not discourage him from smoking Pot, instead I educated him the best I could and left the decision up to him. 

I think with the rate that America is going and having 2 states legalizing Marijuana , we might be legal by the time my girls are old enough to know what it is. 

I think that my approach will be a to understand what it is like being a teenager and educate as best I can.  The one thing I want to steer clear of is saying No, Don't or You Cant.  I rebelled really bad, as you can read above, because I had a thumb over me and I know that it made me push back more and do the opposite.  I try to have a different parenting approach overall.

I am not one to preach about Drinking and Drugs.  In fact, my Hubby and I have many friends who still do both and we would still hang around them. This is strictly my life choice and I in, no way, shape or form, put that on anyone else buy myself.

Tune in ttomorrow for Day #4- Your Views on Religion.

Cute idea for party with drinkers and non drinkers

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...