Monday, January 27, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #8

Day #8- A moment you felt the most satisfied with your LIFE.

Well, honestly, I have had a few in my life so far- lucky me!  I would say the first day that I felt like I was most satisfied in LIFE was the first "date" I had with my Hubby.  It was spontaneous and random and felt like I was in the exact spot in the exact moment that I was supposed to be in. Who knew it would lead to where/who I am today.

My second moment was the day we tied the knot...doot doot doot Another One Bites the Dust.. You know we came into our reception to that! (We're funny peoples!)  It was a great day and we were hoping/wishing for something crazy, unplanned, and almost disastrous to happen. It didn't.. Although we did have 2 crashers that showed up in the pictures!  But the day was perfect and one that I wish I could do over and over again!  We had a great wedding and yes, I shook my ass on the dance floor!  It was AWWWESOME!

My Third and Fourth moments were when my girls were born.  Each one left a permanent imprint in my soul.  Each experience was different and held its own moments that I will NEVER forget! With my oldest, it was easy breezy!  I always tell this story and everyone laughs.  I worked up until the day and at 5:30 a.m. my water broke when I was packing my lunch, car running in the driveway, ready to head to work on the brisk February morning.  I had put a pop tart in the toaster and decided to eat it before I woke up Hubby.  I at the WHOLE thing too!   I made my calls to work and around 6 a.m. went to wake him up.  He jumped up- grabbed his clothes and we pretty much ran out the door.  I really didn't have pain, no contractions- just awkwardness from the water breakage.
So, we get to the hospital, its all laid back- positive, Weez having us a Babay!!   They get stuff moving, add a little Petocin to get her going and after a visit from my parents, who left the room to get lunch, it was SHOWTIME!  Then, at 1:58 p.m. we had us one bouncing baby girl!  She was beautiful and content.  Fast too!  We got acquainted and I remember in the middle of the night feeling that pang of anxiety knowing that Hubby was asleep and I was going to have to manage a diaper and a bottle on my own, but I did it and it was an amazing bond that was formed.

With my next baby girl it was quite a different story!  I again worked up until the day we had her. The night before Hubby and I got into a bad fight.  He had a penicillin allergic reaction and I had to run to the store at 10 p.m. to get some Benedryl.  It set off a series of events with this very pregnant girl that was NOT pleasant.  I got up in the middle of the night to get my, then, 2 year olds Pacifier from under her crib and guess what, water broke!  Its 2 a.m. and I wasn't sure what to do!  I woke up Jason who said, get your Bag, call your Dad and lets go! (Oh, Dr. Seuss has arrived!) 

We were on our way by 3:30 a.m. - yes this girl got ready, makeup on, hair did!  I am not ashamed!   Well, my little breech baby girl (Yes, we knew she was breech, we actually had gone in for a VERSION the week before- and let me tell you- if your doctor says lets try to flip the baby while invetro- say HELL NO and RUN!  I have NEVER felt pain like that before and Baby Girl didn't budge!)

So, emergency c-section it was.  I was scared to death.  I was literally shaking when they wheeled my back and luckily my Doctor is amazing, she sat on the table with me, holding me while they gave me my epidural.  Hubby finally came in and we had us another baby girl.  The cord was wrapped around her neck but she was ok.  It was an amazing day.  

Then I had two!  Each with her own story.  Hubby really bonded alot more with our little one.  He was the first to see her, hold her, feed her and really take care of her.  I will never forget his face with each of our girls. It was amazing to see him transform before my eyes. 

I have had a lot of satisfying moments since then, but those ones are the ones that are imprinted on my being.  I hope to have many, many more in my lifetime.
 

Are you content with what you have?  Ideas for finding 'enough' and building a satisfying life.

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...