Saturday, January 4, 2014

Storm in the Northwest...

I went out today.  I don't know if I have said to much, but we have been blasted with a winter storm- ehh, I mean a series of winter storms... We have another big one coming our way tonight into tomorrow, and I guess by Tuesday, our windchill is supposed to be -50, WHAT? Get out of town... I wish, right!
The thing is, I got stuck in my own dang driveway on Friday- had to drive Hubby's 4x4 truck, because my 4x4 Tahoe decided to have 4x4 issues this winter- GREAT! Right!!!

So, the word on the street is that we are expecting 12 inches- why didn't we move to Arizona again? Damn it!

Basically, if this happens, lock the doors because I'm stranded! We currently have gigantic snow drifts. 

Well, I decided that we needed to stock up on some items before we can't leave our house- like everyone else in my town, it seems.  Off to Meijer Miss 4 YO and I go, to a semi-packed parking lot.  I should have known it was trouble when there was only 1 shopping cart in the cart carrel, right? (Blonde Moments!)

We do our shopping, only to find the end of the line (s) clear to the back part of the store- NO JOKE!  So, I was like, OK.  Kid, we can do this, it isnt going to take that long- I have until 3:30, then Hubby has to go to work (he has L.O. with him) - 25 minutes later/to long, we dropped the cart and ran- our line didnt move an inch!  We exit as my kid loudly says, "Mom, why did we leave our cart behind?" - she got a SHH and on we went!

Ridiculous!!  I made a quick decision to march into Walgreens, grab a few of our items to hold us over and deal with NO LINES- YESS!!  In and Out works for me.

Guess we are gearing up for an apocolypse too people!  Hopefully the sun will shine again and melt the snow, unless they know something I dont...

Winter Storm Hercules

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...