Thursday, January 30, 2014

With a Heavy Heart I stand behind our Toledo Firefighters

Being the daughter of a recently retired firefighter, my heart is so heavy. On Sunday, 1/26/14 we lost 2 firefighters in the line of duty. One had 16 yrs and one was just hired in September. Tonight was the Last Alarm and it was so hard to watch.  I bawled my eyes out.  I come from my Mother's Dad being a Toledo Firefighter and My Dad. I am proud of them. More than they probably know.  I also worked for the city's 911 system.. My Grandpa passed away from Lung Cancer due to espestos he inhaled in a fire in the 70's.  We had a Last Call and the memories it stirs are so emotional.  The "rookie" leaves behind his wife, 3 yo daughter and 1 month old son.  It breaks my heart. 
My thoughts and prayers are with the families. My thoughts and prayers are with our Fire department. 
I am very somber tonight.  I am so Proud of my Dad and even though he us retired, to hear him talk about his firefighting days and see his enthusiasm, I know he was born to be a firefighter.  I love him.  He has always been my hero and ice always been so proud of his career. I'm happy that the brotherhood is strong and everyone stepped up.
"While others run from the fire, you run towards it.."

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...