Monday, January 20, 2014

The 30 Day Challenge- Day #1

I found this 30 day Challenge and thought it would be F U N!

Day 01- Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is

Well, I am Obviously, NOT Single, but my current relationship is finding bliss.  I have been married to my Best Friend for 7 years now, this past November.  We have been together, as a couple for twelve years, this past September and have faced every challenge that God has put in our paths, good, bad, happy, sad, and even downright UGLY!

Our Relationship started off as a friendly relationship.  I knew that he was more than just a Friend, I felt it in my heart the first time I saw him, which was when I was a Freshman and he was a Sophemore.  I was a very shy girl, but I had my path and knew when to be at my locker to see him walk past in the mornings.  Yes, he calls me a stalker!

By Christmas, 2001, I had a steady boyfriend and our relationship moved on from there.  We ended up moving in together in 2003 with his Dad. It was crazy!  The craziest thing I have ever done, and yes,  I moved out at one point, and moved back in after a week... Learning curves. 

By 2005, we were moving into a house we bought and by 2006 we were planning our wedding.  Life has moved at a rapid pace since then! 

In 2009 we welcomed our first baby girl.  That is when the MAJOR challenges arrived.  Having a Baby Changes EVERYTHING- this is NO Joke. Nothing changes your relationship like adding another person to it!   As crazy as it was, we adjusted, argues, spoke our minds, said stuff we shouldn't have and found the meaning of our love and fought to keep it together. 

By 2011, we welcomed our second baby girl and life was just easier.  Yes, we still had good days and bad days, and having two little people to look after was full of obstacles, we managed to stick together and find a way to make it all work.

If I said that my life was easy and daisy popped up everywhere I stepped, I would be SO lying!  Its not easy.  Even today, it is NOT easy.  I have just learned through age that I pick my battles, I find a common ground and I hold my tongues unless I just can't find anything to hold it with.  My kids still present the biggest arguements.  I try to muster patience, understanding and compassion and Hubby has a hot temper and a big voice.  My girls are instant cryers and I, as a Mommy go right to protect them!  This is my newest challenge and I have been working hard to remind myself that Hubby and I are on the same team and have the same common goals with the girls, protect and teach, help them learn and understand right from wrong. 

My latest journey is the journey to finding out Gods definition of a Good Wife because over the years, the kids, the houses, the jobs and life in general I feel like I have been less than a dutiful wife.  Hubby and I are facing our latest challenges as a couple due to the fact that we are working opposite shifts, crazy hours and are literally passing on another in the day.  We are only having one day a week to spend any kind of quality time together but due to him working the night before, he sleeps half of that day away.   The most important thing that we are finding is just keeping our lines of communication opened at all times and complimenting one another in the passings we are having.

We will prevail, we always do.  If there is a will there is a way and we both know that this is a snipet of time in the grand sckeme of life. 

Our 2014 Goals are to get this house together (somehow with such limited time) and finally get our family back to living.  We are saving up for Disney, hopefully in 2015, if God is willing!



Check back tomorrow for Day 02: Where you'd like to be in 10 years.



No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...