Friday, June 13, 2014

It'-s Friday the 13th....

It may be Friday the 13th...

are you still working out?


I know it's spooky!  I mean, full moon and all (which hasn't happened since 2000, btw) - but just remember tomorrow is a R E S T day.  You can do it!  Give me 1 more day to Challenge your limits, to help you feel the burn and to whip that un-toned body into a toned masterpiece!

So what is on the agenda for today?



It's day 13- who is with me? I am still pushing- adding new programs to my workout as I go.

So what is the challenge today?
54 sit ups
74 crunches
50s plank
25 pushups
46 Jumping Jacks
40 High Knees
20 Squats
19 Lunges (per leg)

You can do this! And as an added BONUS remember that tomorrow is R E S T day!


Are you starting to see the results?  Are you remaining accountable to the program?  Are you pushing yourself everyday?

I can honestly say that I was getting more strength in my core and have added a B O O S T by throwing T25 into my routine as well.

But, as many of you saw, I have added another program into my routine that I am stuck on! I swear, I have never had such an intense, feel good workout before the 10 minute trainer. I did 3 dvd's that were 10 minutes each and today I feel amazing! This program is a KEEPER and definitely my favorite! If you are interested, PM me for details.


10-Minute Trainer
Get the body you want in as little as 10 minutes a day! 10-Minute Trainer was made to help people get better results in less time.
Build muscle and shed pounds in no time with power-packed workouts—and lose fat even faster by adding the resistance band and cardio belt, free with the program.

How 10-Minute Trainer works
Instead of working one muscle group at a time, Tony Horton's breakthrough Super Stacking® Technique combines fat-burning cardio, sculpting, and ab moves to condition your body, head to toe, in minutes.
Follow the free nutrition plan, with lots of quick, simple-to-prepare, delicious meals you can make in 10 minutes or less, and see results even faster.

10-Minute Trainer is for
Busy people who say they can't find time to lose weight.
Anyone who needs extra motivation—Tony Horton keeps you motivated, and even people who dislike exercise can get through these brief workouts.
Everyone from beginners to frequent exercisers who want a quick workout on an especially busy day or while they're traveling.
People who want an exercise program without a lot of equipment.

The 10-Minute Trainer routine combines moves from resistance training, cardio, and yoga. Each 10-minute routine works a few areas of the body at once.

TurkeyBlackBeanTacos_article

Turkey-Black Bean Soft Tacos

Serves: 6
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes

INGREDIENTS:
12 corn tortillas
1 1/4 lb extra-lean ground turkey
1 15-oz can low-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup, plus 2 tbsp chunky low-sodium salsa
2 cups (packed) romaine lettuce, chopped

PANTRY STAPLES:
Olive oil cooking spray
Ground black pepper and sea salt, to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Loosely wrap tortillas in foil, making 2 packets of 6 tortillas each. Place packets on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until hot.

Coat a skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Add turkey and cook until lightly browned and cooked through, about 6 to 8 minutes, breaking up meat as you go. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.

Unwrap foil packets and place 2 tortillas on each of 6 plates. For each plate, distribute 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa and 1/3 cup lettuce evenly between both tortillas. Serve immediately.


Nutrients per serving (2 corn tortillas, 1/2 cup turkey, 1/4 cup beans, 3 tbsp salsa, 1/3 cup lettuce):Calories: 276, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 37 g, Fiber: 7 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 28 g, Sodium: 343 mg, Cholesterol: 46 mg


This will be our dinner tonight! Love my Ground Turkey and the best part is that my family thinks it tastes better than Ground Beef!

Happy Friday everyone!

~KEL




No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...