Friday, February 7, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #20 How Important you think Education is

Day #20 How Important you think Education is

I know a lot of you are saying, seriously, she is still at this 30 day challenge.. I know, right. It seems as if it is talking FOREVER!  But we are at day 20- so we are almost there... Then, sadly enough, I have another one I am dying to break into!

Anyhooo- Education.  Well, this is going to be a shocker!  I went to college for 4 years, yes, 4 entire years, in the Education field. It wasn't until the second semester of my 4th year that I had just finished with a hard nosed professor who basically in not so nice terms, told me that I would never amount to anything being a teacher, that I broke down and panicked to say the least. 

I had almost all of my English Core knocked out and Social Studies and was super pumped- until that.  The saddest thing is that I went to class everyday, did all my assignments with my whole heart and my good friend nailed everything but never went to class and her assignments were ALWAYS late. He adored her. Blah.

So, needless to say, Point Kel.. Education was my life at one point.  I have a passion for it.  I think that it is essential to be anyone now a days.  My children started with basics with me as early as age 2 and we work with workbooks and ABC Mouse to help learn the fundamentals.  I enjoy it also. 

This fall is a big one for our family, my 5 yo will be starting Kindergarten.  I am totally scared to death!  It is a big step and I am freaking out because I miss PreK so much now with working that I am determined to work at home to be able to take her to school and pick her up and be apart of her life during her education. I think that it is important for me to be one of those Moms who is active in the schools and who can have the time to delegate towards homework help.

I have thought a lot about going back to school to finish my teaching certifications but every time I get going something comes up and it always gets pushed to the back burner.  I am like that with a lot of things. I put my own stuff on hold to make sure my family is tended to. I just started some education recently online and I am making time for it.  I think it is important to show my kids that I am trying to be a better person. I am trying to find my dreams and make them reality and it takes work and dedication, but hopefully it pays off in the end.

Oh the places you'll go!


No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...