Thursday, February 13, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #28- Something that you miss

Day #28- Something that you miss

Something that I miss...hmmm.. I have been thinking a lot lately about my Hubby and I and our life so far together.  We have been pet parents to a lot of pets during our relationship, including an all white flop eared dwarf bunny that he rescued for me when we were still pretty new in our relationship.  I named her Leilah (she was Pearl prior to me having her) and she adored Jason!
I had always had bunnies growing up and when I was in the 7th grade, I lost my bunny, Cotton, on Easter Sunday.  It was tragic! I couldn't talk myself into getting another bunny...until Hubby brought me Leilah.

I loved her!  Then about a month or so later, we were at the pet store and they had bunnies and somehow I acquired Thumper- my broken lop eared dwarf. He was SO TINY!  I think it was the second night or so that I had him, Leilah caught his face in her cage and ripped half of it off- it was disgusting!  I had to take him to the vet and they stitched him good as new! He was SO special to me.  This began my bunny family.

I lost Leilah in 2008 and it was terrible.  Somewhere around 2004-2005 I had acquired another bunny, Peanut- who was Emma until I had him fixed and found out he was a boy..oops! So, we had Thumper and Peanut, who did not get along so they had scheduled times out.

We had our first daughter in 2009 and surprisingly, she still remembers going into the bunny room to visit the bunnies!

In 2010, I lost Thumper.  He passed away at home and it was just as tragic! I hate losing my pets.  I vowed to never get any more bunnies.  Does that mean I don't think about it - well no, I think about it, love me some bunnies but it is so hard to say goodbye.   I miss them everyday.

Then there were our dogs.  We lost our Olde English Bulldog, Choppa, in June of 2013. He was only 10.  It was horrible. He started having seizures in March and it was heartbreaking to watch him on his decline.  They couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong with him but each seizure he was having, and they were daily, were making him unable to go up the stairs or control his bathroom habits.  It is still raw and hard to think about.  He was such a great dog.

Then, we lost our Boxer in October 2013, shortly after we moved into the new house. He was 13.  We did have them cremated and we have their remains on the fireplace mantel.  I don;t think that either of us have had time to process our loss as of yet with everything we have had going on in our lives. It is hard to lose them both so soon to one another.


Leilah Bunny

Thumper Bunny

Peanut Bunny

Choppa- Our Olde English Bulldog

Champ - our Boxer  A.K.A. Bubba


No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...