Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Living the Dream...eh...Nightmare.......

Today my Oldest turns 5 - can not even believe Hubby and I have a 5 year old.  CRAZY!  We had an awesome day! I took the day off work, got her up to go to Pre-K, we took our Cookie Lady Olaf cookies and got her lil' sis ready too!  We dropped off our Birthday Girl who was supplied with her very own Birthday Crown at school.  Lil' Sis and I hit Meijer's for Balloons, of course! We picked out 5 colored baloons (see Mom- like what you did there!) and LO picked up an Ariel balloon (no FROZEN ones yet) and we got a Birthday Princess Mylar.  We also picked up some odds an ends - that kid is a con artist, I swear!  It isnt even her Bday and she got a clearance shirt (ok, its super cute with applique butterflies!) and a Minnie Mouse book. We checked out, headed for a quick trip a.k.a. bathroom break for my newly trained girl! home and then took off again to pick up Sis before Lunch.  She was all sweaty when we got her- running in the gym- Exercising Mom- like I didnt konw- right! Thanks Miss Im so BIG 5 year old! 
So- get her to the car with out a mention of Balloons- - she sees them and lights up- ok, so she saw the Awesomely HUGE Lip smackers Strawberry chap stick and maybe a Push up Pop waiting for her too. (This MOM is a SUCKER!!!) 

Off to lunch- Bob Evans- her Fav. Chocolate Chip Pancakes and Chocolate Milk- oh my!  It was nice though, Gma was there, my Mom and Dad and she got presents too! Anna from Frozen from Me with 2 Diary-like books with locks and keys (SCORE ME!) ; Anna boots and the accessory pack from Nana and Papa and Mariposa Barbie from Gma. She was in bliss!!!

So, after a brief SUGAR HIGH and 1 trip to the potty (sorry but I'm so Proud of my Little One and her Potty Training adventures!) we were headed home.  I had a task to complete today.  Curtains.  My Mom has been riding my ass about getting my curtains hung for weeks now and with the party this weekend- the Pressure has been ON.  I think she is ashamed of how I keep my house, but that is another adventure, entirely!

So, she gave me rods like forever ago and I purchased some of those clips that require no nails in the trim (What a JOKE) - so I searched HIGH and LOW for these stupid rods.  I saw them, they were moved, saw them again, moved again. Jokes on me, after digging in my attic- Attic Adventures with WASPs in random boxes- EEEKKK!  I moved back to our unfinished master bathroom. Now you all know that since it is titled "unfinished" that means another room we are using for storage! It was a disaster!  I cleaned it entirely out and wah-lah curtain rods were uncovered- with a huge SON OF A BITCH to follow - sorry True Story here!

So, I unmasked my No Nail clips and found that the teeth eff' up the trim too- but oh well. It is what it is.  I am NOT hanging these Bad Boys for myself after all.  Take one for the team Kel!

But- now I have valances in all bedrooms and my living room. They look really nice and all is well- or so I think.

All is calm before the storm. ...


We have this horrendous storm coming through- UGH MORE SNOW! and the city called a Level 3 Snow Emergency for 11 PM tonight through tomorrow.  So- no work (I hope) and I had to call my Parents because no work for me means no sitting for the Parents.  I mentioned that I finally got my curtains hung and who knew it was going to turn into a WAR- oh wait, I should by now.  I mean, I know they say you  cant teach an OLD Dog new tricks- but really, I should know that my words-meaning NOTHING would turn into something to someone.. I am so sick of always coming back to the place we do.  THIS HOUSE.. It has been a living nightmare since day #1.  My Hubby cant get along with My Dad and My Mom only wants to believe 1 side of the story- My Dad's and cant believe how I can side with my Husband and not my Father. The thing is, I called both of them Assholes to their faces and did NOT take a side, instead I stayed NEUTRAL. I agreed with both and said that they didn't need to work together. But, one side thinks the other thinks my Dad is an idiot- which was never said- but whatever.  It is a merry-go-round that still hasn't stopped, um, 5 months/6 months later... We are all trying to move on, in all honesty, since Dad hasn't been here all has been calm.  Hubby is not a carpenter and has never claimed to be, he is a mechanic.  The problem is that I have Parents that believe that they have been here done that and KNOW how everything should be- only thing is, it is HOW they want it all to be. Remember, I am living in the house they wanted 17 years ago... This has been an obstacle since Day #1.  

Anywhoo- its all old news that keeps resurfacing and wont go away. I just want to live - enjoy my family and work on this house as we go.  I don't think that we are in the slums - so I don't know what the deal is- but it just WONT go away.  So what the house is missing siding, or I don't have a floor in my kitchen- BIG DEAL! There is MORE important stuff in life than all that chicken shit. I just don't know what to do to make everyone happy and lately Mom has been forcing HELP on us and honestly, we don't want it. Not to be rude, but life has seemed to move on (or so I thought) and everyone is getting along- why go back to that dark place.  It needed to be separate.  To many feelings involved and if I didn't like an idea of the other party, it was escalated to an argument. 

This is where I SOOOO wish we would have moved away.  I keep racking my brain on why we didn't.  I know that one day we will be living good- no house payment, debt free... but right now there are still so many headaches and I have such negative entity all around me. 

The icing on the cake is that Mom thinks Hubby is controlling.  We both can't do anything but laugh- he is so far from that, I don;t even know what the heck to say.  I think Mom thinks he is controlling because I no longer follow her every lead by letting her control me. (Yes, there were times)  But we are a Union.  Hubby and I worked through the hardships during this project together.  Us against them, how frickin' sad is that!

We have handled our life this way from the beginning.  We talk thorugh everything, make a comprise here and there but it is never from one party.  Yes, I have more duties in my day and I handle our kids, but when push comes to shove, I have chosen this.  I am probably more controlling then him because when my kids would wake in the middle of the night, he would try to go get them but I would jump for them. We live with give and take and although it is NOT always easy, there is never a question of control. 

Mom said something that hurt me pretty good- she hopes that when I go through this with my daughters I finally figure out how it feels.  (our issue was she wants to offer help and we don't want to take it)

This offends me because I will NEVER be like her.  If my daughters want help, no matter what, I will be there.  I will not turn up my nose if they want to paint their kitchen purple!  I will encourage and just open my heart and be there- not offer advice like I get from my own Mother.  I will not criticize or change my tone when things are not how I think they should be because at the end of the day, it is about my kids and what they like and how they think the world should be colored - not my view through rose colored glasses.

I am on a rant, and kind of still reeling from our latest argument.  How sad.  Someone kindly declines your help and you childishly start arguing with them and have words like We will Never offer our help again - Grow Up.  I had to say that some stuff is better left unsaid... Truer words have never been spoken by myself.

Happy Birthday to my Beautiful Baby Girl!!  Her Big party will be Sunday and I can't wait!

Signing off from this hell hole we call home- my Problem Child- Gray Gables..

Embedded image permalink

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...