Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Flash Mob Style... What is the earliest childhood memory you have...and go..

What is your Earliest Childhood Memory?

Now, don't relieve events from those millions of pictures your Mom has in the old shoebox stuffed in the hall closet. (well, you probably only have millions if you were a first born, right!)

Try to remember, really remember your first memories. I mean, don't just see a picture, be part of the picture, look for that memory that you can smell your surroundings, see the details and relive the experience.

childhood quotes - Google Search
{pinned image}


The other day, I was sitting around discussing kids with my Hubby and I said that old cliche, "Remember what it was like to be a kid." Well, this simple statement seemed to light up a memory in his mind and resulted in 45 minutes of a walk down memory lane of an experience he had as a kid and how he could remember his room at a house he lived in from 1-2 years old. He could remember the carpet, the door that squeaked, the color of the walls, how his room was set up and what kinds of toys he had.  Then that question I was dreading was flipped onto me, "What is the earliest memory you have?" 

This is where I think.  It is so hard because I have pictures, tons and tons of pictures from when I was born, on up, and movie also! I have looked at those pictures a billion times, watched the old movies just as much as find myself teetering on the line of, is that a real memory or a picture memory? 

So, I just started pulling stuff, I remembered my dog, he was my first dog and I guess (not a memory for me) I begged for him and my Dad finally caved and we ended up with Cujo.  Obviously, I had nothing to do with naming said dog!

[Me with "Cujo" as a puppy]

[Me with "Cujo" getting bigger]


I remember riding my "Big Wheel" up and down the driveway and having my Dad's big red, ugly van (we're talking 80's here people) blocking the street. I had a cabbage patch Big Wheel and it had mint green wheels and I literally rode that thing until the wheels fell off!  I can remember just riding it and screaming and having a blast. The big problem I have, this was on the videos- so I am not sure how accurate my visions of the past really are, as I was under age 5 during this time.

Cabbage Patch Kids Big Wheel. This looked so familiar that I might have had this.
[pinned image]
I have concrete memories of Kindergarten. I know those are real because there is not a picture or video to contradict my memory.  I remember my Teacher, Ms. Forker and my cubbie and the toys we played with and the kids and the Blue Carpet Square that I just had to have, luckily she had more than one because I know the boys always wanted blue ones too!

I remember playing in the pretend kitchen with the other girls, and having to always be the "Mom." 

So, for me, Kindergarten is my earliest, genuine, memory.  I know this because I can still smell the crayons!

Childhood memories :) Crayons and coloring books!
[pinned image]

So, what is your earliest memory on this Throwback Thursday?  I'd love to hear from you!

Until next week...

~Kel~

 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...