Sunday, February 9, 2014

Birthday Party- Syndrome...

Today we celebrated my kiddo's 5th Birthday- equipped with Frozen Birthday cake and all.  We were supposed to start at Noon- but, unfortunately, Mother Nature had her own ideas.  We had to postpone until after two. But, none the less, the party must go on, it isn't everyday that my kiddo will be five, right!

(Ok, so we have been celebrating since Tuesday - longest birthday EVER!)

So, we delayed for weather- then, the unthinkable happened.  I knew something was up because the past few days my downstairs has been COLD! At night- it has been COLD. I really didn't think anything of it because I assumed the FCE was kicking on.  Apparently, I am a moron. It was registering 47* - are you effin' kidding me! I was in PANIC mode.  Then, Hubby tells me that when he got home this morning it was throwing a code and he was up late trying to reset it. Say, What?

So, we had to call off the party. What a day!  Anyways, shortly there after, and a frustrated Hubby taking a bit of agitation out of me and my only question- "So, you don't know what is wrong with it?" and his reply, " Um, No, I am not a furnace guy so I don't. Just cancel the effin' party." This is where I walked away. Disappointed.

Then, he figured it out. - And he said he wasn't a furnace guy... ha.  Then it was getting the temp up, to a comfortable 68* which is where it usually sits down there while upstairs is a modest 73*.  This house is crazy!

But, all in all, the Party MUST go on.. And it did. Our guests started to arrive at 2:15 PM, pizza delivered by 2:45 PM promptly.  We ate, we talked, presents were open (and good ones- Thank you EVERYONE!) and Cake was cut.  Oh, don't forget that Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and Superman Ice Cream!

I think she had a great party.  Her BFF was here too. They dressed up like Frozen Characters and it was a blast.

Now, they are tucked into bed, toys put away (yes, all of them had to be opened tonight- DUH!) and I am settling in for my season's return of The Walking Dead and I can not wait!  (Insert SCREAM here- with Jumping Up and Down- ok, arms are flalling too...)

Now it is time to start planning a Minnie Mouse Party for a BIG 3rd Birthday... Whew, I am so glad it is NOT until April...



I'M SO EXCITED!! I just realized Anna and Elsa are the next official Disney princesses and they're SISTERS!! THIS IS GREAT.A Disney movie not about finding Prince Charming, but the importance of family and sisters

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...