Wednesday, February 12, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #27- A Problem that you Have Had

Day #27-  A Problem that You Have Had.

Open ended questions, right here !!!  [raising my hand]

I have had MANY problems over the past year, let alone my lifetime!  A huge problem that I have had, as of late, in regards to Gray Gables (seems suitable since this is what the blog is based off of) would be our financial woos and all the problems that we have had since moving in, back in October.

We basically, ran out of money.  It was a series of dominoes that fell all at once. We purchased this old house through our counties land bank program, which means that the house was days shy of the demo block. There was a bidding war, we won and then work began.  It just ended up being A LOT of work!  We had foundation problems, a roof to put on, windows, we had to level the ground so that the basement could stop filling up with water- which resulted in putting in a pond to use the dirt as fill.  Hubby's only condition with buying this property was that he gets a Pole Barn, and wish was granted.  It actually fell last year and needed to be rebuilt and that was a DISASTER and huge set back. Of course, more money also! 

We have had to make change after change and take this house down to the bones and replace plaster for drywall.  The house itself has been a soul sucker, then you have the drama with my parents.  I got a whopper when we ran out of all of our funds and needed to go for an Equity Loan, and got denied.  That cracked open the case of unpaid, delinquent student loans and added to the melting pot that was already boiling over with my Parents.  Unbeknownst to me, the financially responsible parent seemed to have stopped paying, like I was never going to find out. -Um, opps. 

I would like to insert a disclaimer here - there was an agreement made when I graduated from high school that I was going to college- no ifs/and -or- buts to it.  The terms of said agreement were that I was to live at home during the course of my education and they would pay for the classes until I graduated, of which I had five years.  After the second year, I started paying for all books that I needed, but they still agreed to pay for the classes.  I upheld my end of the bargain and stayed at home, following their very strict rules for the duration of my college education.

So, this left me bitter, shocked and hurt.  How can someone else hurt your credit and not care.  I heard that other family members credit were just as bad as mine, if not worse because of my Brother and my education. I was in shock that it was so nonchalently excused and brushed under the rug. There wree other things on my credit that are still not makign sense that have to do with this time frame, but they are being handled at this point and time, so it is neither here nor hterhe, I suppose.

This was a huge burden on my shoulders, because now we are really broke and only have 1 income and two homes.  I swear, this is when the gray hairs began!

Anyways, these are all major problems that we have battled.  Today, we are still struggling now and again, but prayers to God have helped me keep my sanity and understand that these are challenges that we need to overcome and so far, we have, somehow, someway.  It has gotten easier, but it just seems like now, there is something wrong Everyday!

This week it seems to be furnace issues!  Next week, who knows. It is always something, but we are managing to keep our sanity!

Somehow, someway, we will survive....Problems and all!

Not feeling depressed or nothing, I just like the way this is worded.

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...