Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Book Review Tuesday....

Book Review Tuesday



J. Kenner - Release Me - Headline

Book Title:   Release Me by J. Kenner  (Stark Trilogy)

Ok, this is where my Hubby is like, "What ya reading?"  and I'm like.. "A Book."  He instantly knows it's Christian Gray -like.  His term is, "Another Smut Book."  Which I usually laugh, because these books benefit him too.  Then I get the lecture about Magazines vs. Books and my argument is- PICTURES, hello!  His argument is, no faces, just actions. RIGHT... Men..  

Anyways, I loved Christian Gray.  I loved ...loved... loved Gideon Cross. (He was my fav in Sylvia Day's Crossfire Series)  and my Friend told me about the Stark Trilogy- which she said was her fav.  So I dived in, months ago!  I just picked it back up (because reading IS important) and finished the entire book in 2 days. (kind of slow for me)  It was good.  It was a little played out with the other trilogies and all, but I dove into book 2- so something new is there.  I really like the Characters.  I like the story line- although I do find some things where I am like- Ok, not really reality.  I mean, geez how many Millionaire Hotties are there in this world? But all in all, it was a hook, line and sinker. 

Characters:  You have Damian Stark -Mr. Hottie Millionaire.  He is broken.  Then you have Nikki, ex-pageant beauty with cutting issues and a bunch of skeletons from her past.  They come together and reading their story unfold is a little far-fetched at times, but all in all, it works. 

By NO means is this a Favorite.  As I mentioned above, Gideon and Eva are my favorite characters of them all.  The story is compelling and I literally read all three books in one weekend.  
Fifty Shades was much of the same.  I really connected to the story line. I would actually say that I loved the story more than the sex and that would be honest.  The story was amazing and how it all came together was brilliant. 
This series, not so much the same.  There is a lot of sex, which I don't mind, but the story is not moving as fast as the other two series.  I don't want to knock it to bad because in all fairness, if I hadn't read exhibit A and B before this, it probably would have been good.  But, by comparison, it just isn't creating any new ideas in my head. 

I am reading book 2- hope to have that completed by next Tuesday, to share my thoughts.  Book one was kind of drawn out, but book 2 does seem to be moving a bit faster!

More details to come..





Mr. Damien Stark:


And Ms. Nikki Fairchild:




 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...