Friday, February 14, 2014

L-O-V-E is in the A I R...

Love is in the air today...

Happy Valentine's Day

I was super sneaky this year!  Hubby and I don't usually make a BIG deal about Valentine's day. It is usually a Card and maybe some candy. This year, however, has been a rough transition into 2014 and I just really wanted my Hubby to know how much I appreciate him, and let the kids show Daddy how much they also appreciate him.  He is a good man, hard worker and he is so great to us.  He always makes sure that we have everything we could want or need and even picks up on some of the little things, like putting gas in the tank when I am at a quarter (I have O C D bad and I freak out when I get to a quarter of a tank!), or he will pick me up something just because he thought of me, like a candy bar or a pop, without me asking. 
I got him a super sappy card that said everything I would want to and a Heart with Reese Cups in it ;)  I also picked him up some Sour Skittles (his fav) and some butterfingers.  Then, I got him a Titanium Wedding Band because, he has 2- (don't ask) but says that are to tight to wear, so he doesn't wear a wedding band.  I figured with the titanium, it is black and would be more durable, plus I didn't spend a whole lot on it so if it gets ruin, its ok.  I am pretty nervous though, because I have no idea if he will like it. I kind of feel like I am asking him to marry me! HA

We also got our children some Valentines Day goodies. Celebrating loves here!

So, Happy Valentine's day from our family to yours. 



Valentine's Day is mentioned ruefully by Ophelia in Hamlet (1600–1601):
To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes,
And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid
Never departed more.
—William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5

 **Just for FUN..

Gammer Gurton's Garland (1784):

The rose is red, the violet's blue,
The honey's sweet, and so are you.
Thou art my love and I am thine;
I drew thee to my Valentine:
The lot was cast and then I drew,
And Fortune said it shou'd be you.[54][55]

 

 

Valentine's Day Card Cudleigh the English Bulldog by roxy5235, $2.99

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...