Sunday, February 9, 2014

30 Day Challenge- Day #22- How have you changed in the past 2 Years?

Day #22- How have you changed in the past  2 Years?

This is when I say, Ooooh, good question!

The past two years have been crazy.  We, obviously, had a baby around 2 years ago, we bought a crap ass house that we are still fixing up (I say that because it only someone could have seen this place when we first looked at it- OMG, it was in BAD shape) and we were starting our Parental drama around this time. That is just some of the stressful things I was dealing with.  I was still a pretty fresh Mama, learning to deal with a 2 yo and Newbie, pretty much on my own, while I also worked full time. Hubby was dedicated to the new house and putting in hours, he was also putting in epoxy floors here and there and would be gone for 18 hour days. It  was crazy.

I handled a lot of stuff better with Baby #2 then #1, but it was still stressful. I also started getting White Hairs popping up in my head around this time.  My 2 yo was acting out real bad also. - I think back and wonder how I survived...better yet, how did she? Whoa, those were rough times.  I read a lot of self help books on parenting and tried a lot of different parenting techniques with her.  She is the child that doesn't care how you feel, what affect her actions have on you, she is going to do it because she wants to and that is that. Very Stubborn. (my other one is very much the opposite- she worries about my feelings- requiring totally different parenting styles)

I think that I can honestly say that I have mellowed since then.  I take each day at a time and I have really let go of the reins on my schedule. (Yes, I was the schedule Nazi Mom)  I let a lot of stuff roll and stop and think before I react (learn by mistakes) - and I also take Mommy Time Outs.  Its a surprise to me that I do not drink!

I was very uptight and TIRED back then, so I was not a stellar wife. I haven't been for a while now and that was one of my new years resolutions. I am working on this- day by day! Who knew being a Better Wife was so tough.  I think that I have relaxed in our relationship as well- in a good way.  I try to not resent all the burdens of my life and react in a negative way towards him and remember the little things- not pointing them out when/if he doesn't notice.  I also have been learning how to be a better listening and engage in the conversation. (even if I have no idea what he is talking about when it comes to a part on a car!)

I have changed my looks.  Revamped my wardrobe- which is ever changing.  I get on my workout/eat right kicks a lot- which is new for me (damn these 2 kids killing my body!)

As a person, I have come out of my shell a little.  I am still VERY shy, but I am determined and get pretty vocal.  I also have learned that I do not like to be told when/how to do things, say things etc.  I am desperetly trying to be ME and my own person.

The best parts of me are Hubby and my girls.  I live for my ladies. I am a Mom.

My mom is also my best friend, she and my sister are the only girls I can act truly myself and I love being myself so that's why I love being with them, my mom talks to me alot about life just like my sister, she does and pays a lot. I appreciate her and my dad so much and I just wanna which the best for all of us to keep going in life, I don't think I can ever loose one of them

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...