Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Summoning the Stars...

I left for work today and the world looked different.  More than that, it felt different.  I don't know why, maybe it was the moon that was hanging to low, or the fog that was enveloping me in its cloud, or the air that was crisp and cold, too cold for life to exist without the heat of our homes.  I took it all in.  I saw the fog's shadow, outlined like a cloud lying on our world.  I felt the cold hit my face like I was getting a hard smack.   I watched the darkness surround me, the stars above me twinkling, dancing around the almost full, white moon. 

I feel the doom that is lurking around, in and out of the shadows.  I can't know what the doom might be, but I feel its power surrounding us all.  I am trying to keep my worry to a minimum, for I do not know what stems from this worry.  I keep my children close, hugging them a little too  long, kissing them while telling them how strong my love is for each of their hearts.  I still feel the doom all around me. 

With a glance to the blue ceiling above, I feel the weight being lifted off of my shoulders.  I see the stars summoning the good in mankind, the good in my life.  I heave the one last spell of doom and find the sun shining bright down on my world as I once knew it.  For the doom might still exist but only in mine eye tonight.  I have been summoned upon summoning the stars...

Stars can't shine without darkness

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...