Monday, February 17, 2014

Marriage..Monday

Today I wanted to focus on a topic that I have been discussing in previous posts, Marriage.

I really want to help everyone find their path to a happy marriage, while on my own journey.

Today, I have 5 questions/challenges for us all to do over the next 7 days...

1) Ask you Hubby what you can help him with today.  - it can be something as simple as helping him get his stuff ready for work.  I asked him how I could help him and he smiled and asked if I could make him a sandwich. Sometimes it is just those little things that can make the difference.

2) Go all day without correcting your Hubby.  - easier said than done for some of us. I know that this is tough when it comes to parenting, due to our completly different styles.  It is amazing how it helps us be on the same team when I am backing him instead of correcting him or why our kid is going what she is doing.

3) Three times a day give your Hubby a HUG. - simple enough right - but if you reflect on your day, do you do this?  We are really big huggers in our home.  You get a hug when you wake up, you get a hug before you leave for the day, you might just get a hug for making a sandwich!

4)  Give your Hubby a kiss the first time you see him in the morning. - this is something I guess we never raelly gave much thought about. Sometimes we kiss right away, sometimes it isnt until later in the day.  Something I will admit, I didn't ever pay to much attention to.  This is another "little thing" that can go so far.

5) Remind yourself that he loves his family and is doing his best for us. - I personally think this is important.  Our situation has changed so much in the past year with Hubby working the crazy hours he is working.  It has been a huge adjustment for him and for us.  I miss him like crazy and it has been hard on me, being, basically, a single parent at night. I get down, feel disconnected from him and lonely but it truly helps to put our situation in perspective.  He has to work.  He is working, not for himself, not for me, but for our family, to ensure that we have what we need and more, to ensure that we are living comfortably and well.  To make sure that we have everything we could dream.  He is going what is best for us, as a family because he loves us.

These little tips help our marriage.  They are little, and the things that sometimes we forget in Marriage, in everyday life.  It gets crazy, mine is no different, but this helps all of us remember why we were married in the first place.  It helps us connect, which is so important in any relationship.

I married my best friend and doing these little things helps me to feel less lonely and gives me something to look forward to in my day or remember when my day is done.

I hope it helps you to.

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...