Thursday, February 20, 2014

Throwback...Thursday... --going way back to 2003...

2013- in my eyes...

Take yourself a step back in time.. The year is 2003... what where you doing and why?  How were you doing it and why is it so significant that when you think of the year, it takes you back there?

 

The year is 2013, I am 23 years old.  (you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out) I am attending the University in my area Full time, in my last semester, Ever!
I am panicking a little, trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row.  I went shopping with my Mom to find my graduation dress.  It is red, goes to my knees with a little ruffle hem and a floral pattern all around. 
I know the date is: May 10th and it is Graduation Day! and I am nervous!  I am all dressed, ready to go.  I am waiting on my family to arrive, before we head to the ceremony. I really did NOT want to walk, but my Grandpa, who has terminal lung cancer, is here and wants to see me do this.  This is important to him, so therefore, it is important to me. 
My Boyfriend is here also.  (Yes, this is my Hubby today) and we all head to the ceremony, he drives me and him, while my family follows. My gown is on, my cap is in my lap.  Reality is my worst enemy, as I am getting more and more nervous, the closer we get. 
At last, we arrive.
Ready or not, I, somehow, find my place. (These moments are kind of a blur)
I see a few people that I have met along my journey. I line up, nerves full blown. I sit and wait. Trying to not fall asleep. I am surrounded by strangers.  At last, my name is called.  I walk acrossed the stage, smiling, not tripping, remembering to grab with this hand, shake with the other.  
I did it!

[below: Graduation Day- 2003  - Me getting a Citizen Watch! What time is it?]



 This was a monumental day for me. The reality is, my five years in college were rough.  I am not a scholar, not part of the intelligent crew. I am just average, at best, when it comes to education.  That is not to say, I am a reject, I just excel at History and English, Math and Science are not my strong suites.

This day means a lot to me because my Grandpa was there.  Also, it was a lot of pushing and shoving from my, then Boyfriend, who was really a determining factor in the reason I made it that far!  He pushed me, gave me confidence and courage and a drive that noone else had until that point. He was proud of me, also, which made it so much more powerful.  Of course, even then, I knew I was going to marry that boy!

If I could do it all over again, what would I change?

I would chnage my major!  I dipped out after 4 LONG years with an Interdisciplinary degree - instead of sticking with my Education degree. But, it is neither here nor there. I am very great in the Administrative field and have been able to prove myself time and time again when it comes to handling technology, data entry and assisting others.  Maybe there is a path that is undetermined, only God really knows.

#throwbackthursdaycollege

Talk to you soon!

Kel 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...