Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Book Review Tuesday...Claim Me- Stark Trilogy #2 by J Kenner


Let's get a little steamy, a plot is thickening as the blood starts to boil.

Are you ready to jump into a budding romance that will make your toes curl?

This is the 2nd Tuesday that we are unveiling a Book Review and since I started this day with a trilogy, it seemed fitting to discuss book #2 of the Stark Trilogy Series by J Kenner. 

As I previously stated, the first book, Release Me, was a little hard to get into.  I really felt like I was reading so many of the other books out there, but, once I was able to dive in, I was hooked.  I finished the first book and with stealth, moved right onto the next book, Claim Me. 

This book is well written. I really was able to connect even further with the characters, Damien Stark and Nikki Fairchild.  It was like watching their relationship unfold further and further and getting inside of Damien's head. 

Quick Question: Is Damien a Good Guy or a Bad Guy in your opinion? 

I bring this up because at book #1, I was getting a weird vibe.  I wasn't sure if he was a cheater, if this was just a "game" to him or if he was dark and dangerous, like so many other millionaire sex machines out there. 
Book #2 was watching Damien evolve almost.  He was proving to be sincere, the love was sweating off of his persona and it was like you could feel his emotions, even though he wasn't speaking words. 

My opinion (and given, I have NOT started Book #3 yet- just for this reason) is that Damien is a good guy.  He is like a saviour in a lot of ways, always giving and helping. I know there is a twist and I am totally NOT trying to spoil it for those who are just getting to book #2 (you will have a disclaimer for next week and book #3 though!) but events are happening that are leaving me on the edge of my seat and wondering questions like 'really?' 'could it be?' and other little things are going on that are just placed in such a way that I have to keep reading!

Book Synopsis

For fans of Fifty Shades of Grey and Bared to You comes the second novel in the erotic, fast-paced trilogy that started with Release Me. This sexy, emotionally charged romance continues the story of Damien Stark, the powerful multimillionaire who’s never had to take “no” for an answer, and Nikki Fairchild, the Southern belle who only says “yes” on her own terms.

For Damien, our obsession is a game. For me, it is fiercely, blindingly, real.
 
Damien Stark’s need is palpable—his need for pleasure, his need for control, his need for me. Beautiful and brilliant yet tortured at his core, he is in every way my match.

I have agreed to be his alone, and now I want him to be fully mine. I want us to possess each other beyond the sweetest edge of our ecstasy, into the deepest desires of our souls. To let the fire that burns between us consume us both.

But there are dark places within Damien that not even our wildest passion can touch. I yearn to know his secrets, yearn for him to surrender to me as I have surrendered to him. But our troubled pasts will either bind us close . . . or shatter us completely.




  [from Random House Books]



What others are saying about this book: 

5.0 out of 5 starsI love this series!,
April 23, 2013
This review is from: Claim Me: Book 2: Stark Trilogy (Kindle Edition)
Sexy billionaires have never been my most favourite topic (shocking, right?) but Nikki and Damien grew on me in Release Me and I fell in love with them even more in this book. Nikki and Damien are hunted by ghosts of the past while facing the pressure of society and paparazzi in the present. But the beauty of this book is the fact that besides their problems, Damien and Nikki found peace and solace in each others arms. But besides serious issues, readers will get plenty of steamy ones too.

Story pics up exactly where first book ended. Things between Nikki and Damien look pretty good right now, but Nikki is worried that while Damien desires her and her body, he does not need her as much as she needs him in her life. Also, in previous book we learnt that Damien has his secrets. In this book he finally opens up and gradually reveals them all. Moreover, I really love how possesive and passionate Damien is in this book. Also, he is able to admit his mistake and be reasonable. And THAT is very sexy combination... If you did not fall for him in previous book, you will fall for him in this book for sure.

Writing in this book has a poetic feeling. As well as the story itself, writing was sensual, tantalizing and very enjoyable. Storyline flows easily and I really liked this intelligent-like style of writing. The relationship between Nikki and Damien is extremely sexual. But I found refreshing the fact that they do not use sex as a make-up tool, the act of making love helps them to overcome problems from outside and it helps them to feel grounded and safe.

Story may have been a little bit slow paced at the beginning but I never mind. I got to love main couple so much that I just simply enjoyed their sensual and emotional journey in this book to the bits. Cannot wait for final instalment in this series and see how things are going to develop for Nikki and Damien!

 [book review from Amazon.com]

5.0 out of 5 stars MOVE OVER GIDEON AND EVA!!!, April 24, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
OMG!I didn't think there were books that could rival Christian & Anastasia, Gideon & Eva, but the Stark Trilogy just rocks!
Kudos to J Kenner for these rapturous chapters. Each page in both Release Me & Claim Me held me captive from the beginning, I couldn't put these books down. Read both in a 24hr period.
The chemistry between Damien & Nikki ignites the soul from the beginning, and you can't help but get caught up in them. The other characters are equally as entertaining and lend a great supporting cast to Daimien and Nikki.
July can't get here soon enough with Complete Me, I can wait for this last book to come out.
 
  [book review from Amazon.com] 


If you get the opportunity to read this series, give it a try.  I know the first book will be tough to get through at first, but once your in, it is HARD to put it down!

I am onto book #3- Complete Me!  Check in next week to see my review and others.  Be note that it will BE a SPOILER alert!
 9780345545831
Until then...


~KEL~
 

No comments:

Featured Post

How To Make Your Blog Go Viral

Blogging, Lessons on working, Stay at Home Moms by: Kel Amstutz Last year, I posted a blog post that went viral . (much to MY surp...